digikam - khelpcenter and trash problems

Clayton Ginsburg cginsburg at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 19:11:28 PST 2013

Hi,

I have recently installed macports for the purpose of using digikam.  So
far it is working wonderfully except for two issues I would love
assistance resolving

1)  When I try to delete a photo I receive the error "
Could not start process Unable to create io-slave:
klauncher said: Unknown protocol 'trash'.
.
"
I would like the ability to delete photos from within digikam or if this
is not possible, does anyone have a suggested procedure on a work around
(e.g. delete from finder, force digikam database to update, etc...)

2) When I try to use the help functionality of digikam(or any kde
program) by choosing Help -> digikam handbook I receive the message "
Could not launch the KDE Help Center:

Could not find service 'khelpcenter'.
"
I do see a program installed called "khelpcenter.app" in
/Applications/MacPorts/kde4 that opens just fine, but does not contain
the digikam handbook.

Details of my system

2010 15" MB Pro running Snow Leopard 10.6.8 with XCode 3.2.6 installed
and MacPorts 2.1.2