Make python 2.7, default?

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon Jan 7 13:55:58 PST 2013

On Jan 7, 2013, at 14:18, Eneko Gotzon Ares wrote:

> I have installed some ports that requires python.
> I have followed the recommendations to activate 2.7 version.
> To turn this version the default one, should I run the following command?
> S sudo port select --set python python27

If you use python on the command line and want MacPorts python 2.7 to run when you type "python", then run "sudo port select --set python python27". Otherwise (if you don't use python on the command line, or if you don't mind typing "python2.7" instead of "python") then you don't need to run that command.