Help with "port upgrade outdated" errors

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Tue Jan 8 15:15:38 PST 2013

On Jan 8, 2013, at 15:36, Eneko Gotzon Ares wrote:

> On Jan 8, 2013, at 9:19 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>
>> Open Xcode.app, visit the Preferences window, go to the Downloads section, and install or update the command line tools from there.
>
> Every time I try to get that Download section, I cannot find it... It seems that it doesn't exist in my Xcode preferences window... I do something wrong?
> <Picture 9.png.zip>

That screenshot shows an old version of Xcode, possibly Xcode 3.2.x which was for OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard. What does it say if you go to About Xcode from the Xcode menu?

Honestly, it also looks like that screenshot was taken on an old version of OS X. The shape of the OK, Cancel and Apply buttons in the lower right corner is how those buttons look on OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard and earlier; in OS X 10.7 Lion and later they're more square and less rounded. Did you really take that screenshot on your computer? If so let's verify what version of OS X you actually have by running these two commands:

uname -v
sw_vers