Basic clutter example program fails in clutter_init(); is the clutter port working for anyone?

Leo Singer aronnax at macports.org
Wed Jan 23 22:04:08 PST 2013

Hi,

Is anyone using the 'clutter' port provided by MacPorts, either alone or as a dependency of another port? I am just trying to show myself that it works by running one of the example programs that come with Clutter. I've boiled it down to a pretty minimal example that just calls clutter_init(), the first call of any Clutter program.

/* main.c */
/* compile with 'clang $(pkg-config --cflags --libs clutter-1.0) main.c -o main' */
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <clutter/clutter.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
    if (clutter_init(&argc, &argv) == CLUTTER_INIT_SUCCESS)
        return EXIT_SUCCESS;
    else
        return EXIT_FAILURE;
}

This program compiles. However, the program returns unsuccessfully with this error message:

(main:51838): Clutter-CRITICAL **: Unable to initialize Clutter: Failed to connected to any renderer due to constraints

This is on Mountain Lion with clutter @1.12.2_0+x11 and cogl @1.12.2_0+x11.

Thanks,
Leo