Running kbuildsycoca4

Eneko Gotzon Ares enekogotzon at gmail.com
Mon Jan 28 12:18:07 PST 2013

[Ian, thank you for help me!!!]

2 questions.

1st. Do you REALLY think that this list is a right place for
beginner's questions? I don't want bother you (I engage myself to
learn the basics of UNIX/Linux commands, but I am going to need time
to get it). If you answer is *yes*, then continue reading; if it is
*not*, just leave this message right here, no problem.

2nd. [Ian wrote]: under Macports, any command or program in the /opt/
local/bin/ folder should become automatically available by just typing
its file name–without needing the "/opt/local/bin/" part.
I have followed the recommendation:
Macintosh:~ enekogotzon$ kbuildsycoca4
But Terminal shows:
Dynamic session lookup supported but failed: launchd did not provide a
socket path, verify that org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist is loaded!
kbuildsycoca4 running...

The "socket path", is it related to /opt/local/bin/kbuildsycoca4?
Please, how verify if "org.freedesktop.dbus-session.plist" is loaded,
and if not, what command execute to load it?

Thanks for your time. Thanks for you knowledge.
--
Eneko Gotzon Ares