ffmpeg fails to build against ???

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Tue Jan 29 13:18:14 PST 2013

On Jan 29, 2013, at 11:11 AM, LLLActive at GMX.Net wrote:

> BTW, after a 'sudo port selfupdate' the message comes to do a 'port upgrade outdated'. When I do it I often get the error-message "Error: No ports match the given expression". Only after some new selfupdate or closing the CLI and restarting it, it 'sometimes' works.

MacPorts considers a port "outdated" when it is installed but its version is older than the version given by its portfile.

Running "port selfupdate" fetches the most recent portfiles from the MacPorts servers/mirrors.

After a selfupdate, some of your installed ports might have become outdated. Then again, maybe none of the are outdated; maybe they are all still the newest version available. In this case, "port upgrade outdated" will "fail" because there are no outdated ports to upgrade. This is not really an error because there is no problem.

vq