Frequent updates and the need for compiling from source

Mojca Miklavec mojca at macports.org
Mon Jul 1 05:11:10 PDT 2013

Hi,

I would like to ask if there is some way to prevent upgrading those
ports that will eventually be compiled on the server.

When updating on regular basis, many ports that could have been built
by the buildbot need to be compiled from source just because the
update is "too fresh". I would like to avoid lengthy compilations of
ports like gcc, clang, ... but I'm not sure how to achieve that other
than breaking compilation, maybe update some ports manually and then
wait a couple more days. (After a couple of days there will again be
other updates that will just as well need compilation from source).

Thank you,
    Mojca