mysql5, mysql5-server, inkscape are built from source

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Fri Jul 5 07:13:15 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jul 05, 2013 at 04:07:07PM +0200, Davide Liessi wrote:
> I am upgrading mysql5 and mysql5-server from 5.1.68_0 to 5.1.70_0. I
> noticed that MacPorts is building them from source.

You might want to use mysql56 and mysql56-server, unless you
specifically need the old version.

> Since I am on Snow Leopard with default configuration and using
> default variants, I thought MacPorts would download a prebuilt
> archive.
> Is this expected?

Yes.

> Also, if I remember correctly, inkscape has always been built from source.
> Why isn't there a prebuilt package?

:) clemens at cSchlepptop:~$ port_binary_distributable.tcl -v mysql5
dependency 'openssl' has license 'OpenSSL' which conflicts with license 'gpl' from 'mysql5'
:( clemens at cSchlepptop:~$ port_binary_distributable.tcl -v mysql5-server
mysql5-server is distributable
:) clemens at cSchlepptop:~$ port_binary_distributable.tcl -v inkscape
dependency 'gsl' has license 'GPL-3+' which conflicts with license 'GPL-2' from 'inkscape'

--
Clemens Lang