[Macports] QT5 For Mac port

vincent habchi vince at macports.org
Thu Jul 11 09:06:33 PDT 2013

> On 11 juil. 2013, at 15:51, Michael Dickens <michaelld at macports.org> wrote:

>  I haven't tried the 5.1 series
> yet,

I will have a look while I am on holiday later this month, but I cannot endorse the charge of being THE maintainer of qt5, even if I succeed: I would place the port under the ‘openmaintainer’ regime.

> MacPorts is a great piece of software, and many of its developers are already remunerated for (at least part of)
> the work they do (e.g., by the company they work for; by some outside
> contract -- either of which has an interest in some specific ports).

Well, that’s somewhat a surprise to me. I do it for fun and the personal pleasure of being somehow helpful to a large number of people throughout the world. But I can easily imagine that keeping up with qt is such a pain that it is well worth some form of reward.

Cheers!
Vincent