installing php after apache2 is already installed

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jun 6 16:26:35 PDT 2013

On Jun 6, 2013, at 17:53, Wes James wrote:

> Is this web page a good way to get php installed with apache2?
>
> http://www.dinke.net/blog/en/2011/10/15/installing-apache-and-php-with-macports/
>
> I have apache2 already installed, but I don't know if these instructions would work or not.

Those instructions are for the old MacPorts php5 port. Any port whose name begins with "php5-" is old and should be considered deprecated. The new ports include the branch in the port name, and have separate ports for each SAPI. To install, for example PHP 5.4 for Apache 2, you would install the php54-apache2handler port. php53-* and php55-* are also available, should you prefer those.