py25-cairo: No such file error

Daniel Ericsson deric at macports.org
Sun Jun 9 15:46:36 PDT 2013

On 9 jun 2013, at 20:44, gmtanner wrote:

> This is my first time posting.  I get the following error while installing
> py25-cairo:
>
> --->  Computing dependencies for py25-cairo
> Error: reinplace: couldn't read file
> "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_python_py-cairo/py25-cairo/work/pycairo-1.8.2/src/Makefile.in":
> no such file or directory
> Error: org.macports.patch for port py25-cairo returned: reinplace sed(1)
> failed
>
> I did some poking around and the pycairo-1.8.2 directory does not contain
> any directory named src, but does contain a Makefile.in.
>
> I am trying to install PyCam which requires py25-gtk which requires
> py25-cairo.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The latest version of Pycairo is 1.10.0. When installing it for Python 2.5 you get 1.8.2 presumably because of some incompatibility. The Makefile.in patching happens on 10.5 systems, but there is an oversight in that the Makefile.in location changed somewhere between 1.8.2 and 1.10.0. So this error is exclusive to py25-cairo on 10.5 systems.

However, it looks like you might have a hard time getting PyCAM to run under Python 2.5: http://sourceforge.net/p/pycam/discussion/860183/thread/fc71aef3?page=1
http://trac.macports.org/ticket/33389

Is there any chance you could try installing this under a newer Python?

-- Daniel