problem with MacPorts under Mavericks/Xcode5

Artemio González López artemiog at mac.com
Tue Jun 11 11:35:57 PDT 2013

I am trying to reinstall my ports under 10.9 Mavericks with Xcode5 DP. Following the instructions in https://trac.macports.org/wiki/Migration, I have successfully wiped my old installation and then I have attempted to reinstall my ports one by one. However, when trying to install the first one (ispell) port fails fairly early with the error message below. Does anybody know of a fix/workaround (short of setting the macport user to root)?

Thanks a lot,

Artemio

Artemio Gonzalez Lopez
artemiog at icloud.com

=========================================================================================================================

DEBUG: Copying /Users/artemio/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist to /opt/local/var/macports/home/Library/Preferences
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports/textproc/ispell
DEBUG: OS darwin/13.0.0 (Mac OS X 10.9) arch i386
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.unload registered provides 'unload', a pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Reading variant descriptions from /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports/_resources/port1.0/variant_descriptions.conf
DEBUG: Attempting ln -sf /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_textproc_ispell/ispell/work /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports/textproc/ispell/work
DEBUG: changing euid/egid - current euid: 0 - current egid: 20
DEBUG: egid changed to: 501
DEBUG: euid changed to: 502
DEBUG: Starting logging for ispell
--->  Computing dependencies for ispell
DEBUG: Checking for conflicts against ispell
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: aspell
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: aspell
DEBUG: Searching for dependency: ncurses
DEBUG: Didn't find receipt, going to depspec regex for: ncurses
DEBUG: Changing to port directory: /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports/devel/ncurses
DEBUG: OS darwin/13.0.0 (Mac OS X 10.9) arch i386
DEBUG: org.macports.load registered provides 'load', a pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.unload registered provides 'unload', a pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: org.macports.distfiles registered provides 'distfiles', a pre-existing procedure. Target override will not be provided
DEBUG: adding the default universal variant
DEBUG: Reading variant descriptions from /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports/_resources/port1.0/variant_descriptions.conf
DEBUG: ncurses has no conflicts
--->  Dependencies to be installed: ncurses
DEBUG: Starting logging for ncurses
DEBUG: Attempting ln -sf /opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_devel_ncurses/ncurses/work /opt/local/var/macports/sources/rsync.macports.org/release/tarballs/ports/devel/ncurses/work
DEBUG: changing euid/egid - current euid: 0 - current egid: 0
DEBUG: egid changed to: 501
DEBUG: euid changed to: 502
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.main (ncurses)
DEBUG: Privilege de-escalation not attempted as not running as root.
DEBUG: archivefetch phase started at Tue Jun 11 20:18:18 CEST 2013
--->  Fetching archive for ncurses
DEBUG: Executing org.macports.archivefetch (ncurses)
Error: org.macports.archivefetch for port ncurses returned: could not set effective gid to 0
DEBUG: Error code: NONE
DEBUG: Backtrace: could not set effective gid to 0
    while executing
"setegid $egid"
    (procedure "chownAsRoot" line 7)
    invoked from within
"chownAsRoot $incoming_path"
    (procedure "portarchivefetch::fetchfiles" line 18)
    invoked from within
"portarchivefetch::fetchfiles"
    (procedure "portarchivefetch::archivefetch_main" line 5)
    invoked from within
"$procedure $targetname"
Error: Failed to install ncurses
DEBUG: could not set effective gid to 0
    while executing
"setegid 0"
    (procedure "eval_targets" line 44)
    invoked from within
"eval_targets activate"
    invoked from within
"$workername eval eval_targets $target"
Please see the log file for port ncurses for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_devel_ncurses/ncurses/main.log
Error: The following dependencies were not installed: ncurses
To report a bug, follow the instructions in the guide:
    http://guide.macports.org/#project.tickets
Error: Processing of port ispell failed