pkg-config issue

Adam Dershowitz Ph.D., P.E. dersh at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jun 13 08:45:34 PDT 2013

I am trying to upgrade webkit-gtk on a PPC G5 machine.  I have seen a few tickets about this, and have been trying a  few things.
http://trac.macports.org/ticket/35989
http://trac.macports.org/ticket/37839

But, now, I seem to have a new issue.  When I try to upgrade, during the configure stage, I get an error in my log that it can't find GLIB >= 2.36.0.  I confirmed that I have glib2 installed with macports, (2.36.3).  I tried setting PKG_CONFIG_PATH and I also I verified that there isn't' an "extra" pkg-config as suggested in the closed ticket:
http://trac.macports.org/ticket/36321

And I also saw this ticket:  http://trac.macports.org/ticket/27392

I then did a force uninstall of glib2 and reinstalled it.  But, webkit-gtk upgrade still fails at the glib configure check.

So, I am not really sure if this is a glib2 issue, a webkit-gtk issue, a pkg-config or something else.

Any suggestions for what might be going on?

Thanks,

--Adam