Cannot log into phpmyadmin

Rodolfo Aramayo raramayo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 15 09:21:13 PDT 2013

Hi,

I am having trouble figuring out the following:

 Following the instructions posted in:
http://trac.macports.org/wiki/howto/MAMP

I was able to successfully install everything and get everything working
perfectly

Basically I was able to see:

localhost
localhost/phpinfo.php
localhost/phpmyadmin
localhost/mywebsite1
localhost/mywebsite2

Using phpmyadmin i was able to create databases and users correctly

I then activated Include conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf in the httpd.conf and
in the httpd-vhosts.conf I configure a virtual host which works well

Days later I tried to access phpmyadmin and while I can see phpmyadmin well
but I cannot log into it using usernames and passwds I know are correct

Using the same usernames and passwds I can successfully log into mysql via
terminal

Similarly, I cannot access:

localhost/phpinfo.php

If I turn conf/extra/httpd-vhosts.conf in the httpd.conf off I can now see
the display of localhost/phpinfo.php, but still cannot log into phpmyadmin

I tried re-installing phpmyadmin to no avail

Please if you have any ideas, feel free to share them with me

Thanks

--R