Meld Locale Errors

Jasper Frumau jasperfrumau at gmail.com
Thu Jun 20 08:09:41 PDT 2013

On line 75 of the meld unix exectuable I added en_US
locale.setlocale(locale.LC_ALL,'en_US')

I got

Couldn't bind the translation domain. Some translations won't work.

(process:22395): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
    Using the fallback 'C' locale.
/opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gobject/__init__.py:115:
Warning: attempting to add an interface (GtkEditable) to class
(HistoryFileEntry) after class_init
  type_register(cls, namespace.get('__gtype_name__'))
Fontconfig warning: ignoring UTF-8: not a valid region tag

but then it did work...