py27-distribute error after selfupdate

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Jun 20 14:30:43 PDT 2013

On Jun 20, 2013, at 12:53, Jean-François Caron <jfcaron at phas.ubc.ca> wrote:

> Hi all, I did a routine selfupdate + upgrade outdated + uninstall inactive, and I am getting an error about py27-distribute.  It seems to have been inactivated by the upgrade, but several py27 ports still depend on it, so I can't clean it out.  According to the info, this port has been re-merged with python setuptools, so the other py27 ports should not be depending on it?  Attached is my log file:

Correct. We should have increased the revision of all the ports where we changed that dependency, to fix everyone's port registry, but we did not. You can either leave the deactivated py27-distribute installed (it's doing you no harm), or you can force its uninstallation with "sudo port -f uninstall py27-distribute".