gconf update error

Murray Eisenberg murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
Sat Jun 29 17:01:10 PDT 2013

After a "sudo port upgrade outdated", I got:

  Error: org.macports.archivefetch for port gconf returned: gtk2 must be installed with +x11 and without +quartz.

I don't understand how to do that: I tried "sudo port install gtk2 +x11" and got new error:

  Error: org.macports.archivefetch for port gtk2 returned: cairo must be installed with +x11.

I looked at the cited log file for gtk2 but don't know what to do. The log ended with:

  :msg:archivefetch --->  Fetching archive for gtk2
:debug:archivefetch Executing proc-pre-org.macports.archivefetch-archivefetch-0
:debug:archivefetch Checking cairo for active variants for depspec 'path:lib/pkgconfig/cairo.pc:cairo'
:debug:archivefetch cairo is installed with the following variants: +quartz
:debug:archivefetch   required: x11, forbidden:
:debug:archivefetch   rejected, because required variant x11 is missing
:error:archivefetch org.macports.archivefetch for port gtk2 returned: cairo must be installed with +x11.
:debug:archivefetch Error code: NONE
:debug:archivefetch Backtrace: cairo must be installed with +x11.
    while executing
"$pre $targetname"
:info:archivefetch Warning: targets not executed for gtk2: org.macports.activate org.macports.archivefetch org.macports.fetch org.macports.checksum org.macports.extract org.macports.patch org.macports.configure org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install
:notice:archivefetch Please see the log file for port gtk2 for details:
    /opt/local/var/macports/logs/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_gnome_gtk2/gtk2/main.log

---
Murray Eisenberg                     murrayeisenberg at gmail.com
80 Fearing Street                      phone 413 549-1020 (H)
Amherst, MA 01002-1912