zopfli - Zopfli Compression Algorithm

Rainer Müller raimue at macports.org
Sat Mar 2 15:38:55 PST 2013

On 2013-03-02 20:34, Markus Neuenschwander wrote:> On 3/2/13 3:56 PM,
Rainer Müller wrote:
>> However, there does not seem to be any release for this. There is no
>> tarball for download and the git repostory does not contain any tags.
> does that mean it's not ready to be included in MacPorts?

Ports usually track stable upstream releases. Unstable software such as
beta versions and development snapshots are provided in ports with the
suffix -devel appended to the name.

In this case, we could add this as zopfli-devel targeting a specific
commit in their git repository.

On 2013-03-02 22:56, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:
> You could always clone the repository and build it yourself, although admittedly Google has provided as much documentation for this as they do for everything else. Which is to say, none.
>
> The makefile is extremely simple, though.
> https://code.google.com/p/zopfli/source/browse/makefile

A Makefile like this is absolutely useless for packaging as it does not
respect any environment variables...

Rainer