Question on wget renaming files?

Michael keybounce at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 20:45:39 PST 2013

>> What do I say to get wget to do what I want -- save the file in the
>> final name (in this case, CodeChickenCore%200.7.3.jar or
>> "CodeChickenCore 0.7.3.jar"
>
> `man wget` shows the -O FILE option to put the download into FILE. So you likely want this:
> wget -O "CodeChickenCore 0.7.3.jar" "http://www.chickenbones.craftsaddle.org/Files/goto.php?file=CodeChickenCore&a=1"

But the issue is that prior to running this, I have no idea what the redirect will be. And, I have 4 different things to download like this.

I want wget -- since it is already following redirects -- to update the name it will use. And that I have no idea how to do.

---
This is coming from Mail.app. I hate the new Gmail web look, and dislike Mail only slightly less.