kdenlive works fine, BUT doesn't include sound in rendered videos

MK-MacPorts at techno.ms MK-MacPorts at techno.ms
Mon Mar 4 23:29:50 PST 2013

Hi,

motivated by another recent discussion about kdenlive on this list I wanted to give it a try and saw that it works rather well, although I experienced a few crashes too on my Snow Leopard.

The biggest problem, however, was that I do not succeed adding or keeping sound in the rendered videos. I have experimented with different output formats, with sound in the movie track itself and sound as a separate track… Only once I have managed to actually have a movie with sound, but I couldn't reproduce it. Obviously I am missing some setting somewhere. :-(

Anyone out there who managed to get sound going?

Greets,
Marko