kdenlive works fine, BUT doesn't include sound in rendered videos

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 12:14:32 PST 2013

On 06/03/2013, at 3:25 AM, Scott Webster wrote:
> I seem to recall having a sound issue a few times as well, but in
> general kdenlive works for me.  I think it might have had to do with
> my output format choices?  I do seem to recall some element of
> non-repeatability though.  If you search the web for "kdenlive no
> sound" or similar, you will find that there are tons of hits, so it is
> quite possible this is not only a macports thing…

Call me suspicious if you will, but the problem may be something to
do with Phonon since it switched to the GStreamer backend in the last
year or so (you can choose another backend).  I imagine Phonon would
be a dependency of kdenlive.  It might be worth looking at relevant
KDE mailing-list archives, if they do not already show up on Google.

Cheers, Ian W.