build for port boost failed

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Mar 9 09:25:44 PST 2013

On Mar 9, 2013, at 08:29, Eneko Gotzon Ares wrote:

> Trying to upgrade boost on a 2.1 GHz PowerPC running OS X 5.8 –leopard– gives this error:
> […]
> Error: org.macports.build for port boost returned: command execution failed
> […]
> Error: Unable to upgrade port: 1
>
> The main log says:
> […]
> :info:build libs/context/src/unsupported.cpp:7:2: error: #error "platform not supported"
> […]
> <main.log>
>
> It's the same kind of issue? Should I do anything?

This should only be happening for the universal variant. Is that what you're using?

We fixed this yesterday for the i386 x86_64 universal variant:

https://trac.macports.org/ticket/38298

But if you're using a PowerPC Mac then your universal variant would be i386 ppc and we didn't do anything to fix that so it wouldn't surprise me if it were still affected.

Do you especially need to build universal? That is: do you need to transfer your installed ports to an Intel Mac? If not, don't; it should build fine non-universal.