Failed to parse file lang/rust/Portfile

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Mar 22 20:59:14 PDT 2013

On Mar 22, 2013, at 22:41, Lawrence Velázquez wrote:

> On Mar 22, 2013, at 11:37 PM, Bee wrote:
>
>> Whenever I selfupdate MacPorts I get this message:
>>
>> Failed to parse file lang/rust/Portfile: can't read "stage0(hash)": no such element in array
>>
>> I deleted the whole folder 'rust' and reran:
>> sudo port -v selfupdate
>>
>> The 'rust' folder was restored but still receive the failed message.
>>
>> --and--
>>
>> port info rust
>> Error: Port rust not found
>>
>> Bill
>> MacOS 10.4.11
>
> Are you on a PowerPC machine?

If he is, that would make sense.

In the port you unconditionally set:

set stage0(distfile)        [join "rust stage0 ${stage0(date)} ${stage0(rev)}
                                ${stage0(platform)} ${stage0(hash)}" -].tar.bz2

But ${stage0(hash)} is only set in a platform darwin block. That means indexing the port will fail on our server as well. Which explains why rust is missing from the online list of ports:

http://www.macports.org/ports.php?by=name&substr=rust

Anyway, the port already claims to require OS X 10.6 or later, so Bill, you won't be able to install this on 10.4. Still, we should fix the port so it at least always parses.