py27-py port: activation error

Eneko Gotzon Ares enekogotzon at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 01:11:35 PDT 2013

Good morning cybermates :)

Trying to upgrade py27-py port an activation error occurs: activate
for port py27-pytest returned: Image error: /opt/local/Library/
Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/py.test is being used by
the active py27-py port. Please deactivate this port first, or use
'port -f activate py27-pytest' to force the activation.

I have choose to force the activation running 'port -f activate py27-
pytest' command –as stated– but Terminal says Insufficient privileges
to write to MacPorts install prefix.

Before acting by own initiative I prefer to consult you. Are the
following options correct?

1st. Force activation running 'sudo port -f activate py27-pytest'.

2nd. Deactivate py27-py (port deactivate py27-pytest) > rerun py27-
pytest upgrade > Activate py27-py (port activate py27-pytest).
Deactivation/activation commands need the 'sudo' prefix (sorry about
wrong terminology).

Just in case, here is the log file.

Have a really great day!!!!!

--