py27-py port: activation error

Ted Kord teddy.kord at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 08:57:42 PDT 2013

Hi Eneko

I just upgraded macports yesterday and ran into the smae problem. To fix
it, just do:

sudo port deactivate py27-py

Then upgrade as usual and this should complete with no problems.

Afterwards, you can check with:

port installed py27-py
port installed py27-pytest

which shows the ports installed on mine.

TK

On 31 March 2013 09:11, Eneko Gotzon Ares <enekogotzon at gmail.com> wrote:

> Good morning cybermates :)
>
> Trying to upgrade py27-py port an activation error occurs: *activate for
> port py27-pytest returned: Image error:
> /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/bin/py.test is
> being used by the active py27-py port. Please deactivate this port first,
> or use 'port -f activate py27-pytest' to force the activation.*
> *
> *
> I have choose to force the activation running 'port -f activate
> py27-pytest' command –as stated– but Terminal says *Insufficient
> privileges to write to MacPorts install prefix*.
>
> Before acting by own initiative I prefer to consult you. Are the following
> options correct?
>
> 1st. Force activation running 'sudo port -f activate py27-pytest'.
>
> 2nd. Deactivate py27-py (port deactivate py27-pytest) > rerun py27-pytest
> upgrade > Activate py27-py (port activate py27-pytest).
> Deactivation/activation commands need the 'sudo' *prefix* (sorry about
> wrong terminology).
>
> Just in case, here is the log file.
>

> Have a really great day!!!!!
>
> --
> Eneko Gotzon Ares
> --
> Completed in 1946, ENIAC’s first task was computations that led to the
> construction of a hydrogen bomb.

Best regards,

Theodore