'No manual entry for port'

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Wed May 1 17:48:30 PDT 2013

On May 1, 2013, at 19:22, Adam Neather wrote:

> On 02/05/2013, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> On May 1, 2013, at 19:10, Scott Webster wrote:
>>
>>> I think bash has been the default since 10.3?
>>
>> Yes. Any user account created on Mac OS X 10.3 or newer would default to
>> bash. If your user account was initially created in 10.0, 10.1 or 10.2 and
>> you've been upgrading that same account ever since, and haven't ever changed
>> its shell, that would explain why you would still be using tcsh.
>
> Don't know what to tell you. This is a brand new iMac, only been out
> of the box for a week. I haven't changed anything, and echo $SHELL
> returns tcsh.

Maybe you transferred an older user account from a previous Mac, using the automated Migration Assistant which the Setup Assistant prompts you about when you first turn on a new Mac?

Whatever the reason, the choice of shell is entirely up to you. Set your account to use the one you like most, using the command mentioned earlier in this thread.