Pidgin (2.10.7) Chatlogs folder not foud

Frank Schima macsforever2000 at macports.org
Mon May 6 03:25:31 PDT 2013

On May 5, 2013, at 2:00 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:

> On May 5, 2013, at 14:34, Frank Schima wrote:

>>> So if I wasn’t able to find the logs, that was because the option for searching invisible files and directories was probably disabled? I’ll try what you told me to do. Thanks for the information!
>>
>> Correct. The default in Spotlight is visible files only.
>
> Even when I tell Spotlight to ignore file visibility, it doesn't show me the .purple folder when I search for "name:purple". Is this actually working for you?

I played around with it for a while. It does appear to be buggy and does not reliably work. I tried rebuilding the Spotlight index with Onyx and had some success. I tried prefixing with and without the ".". I was sometimes able to find invisible folders or files, but never files inside invisible folders. Maybe this is why they don't advertise this! :)

Cheers!
Frank