xalanc failed update

David Barto DBarto at visionpro.com
Tue May 7 05:53:42 PDT 2013

Mind this started with my monthly:

	sudo port selfupdate; sudo port upgrade --enforce-variants outdated +universal

I've run this same update command for about 8 months now with no problems until this month.

It failed with xercesc. I fixed xercesc by uninstalling xalanc and then uninstalling xercesc, then installing xercesc again using:

	sudo port uninstall xalanc
	sudo port uninstall xercesc
	sudo port -f uninstall inactive
	sudo port install xercesc +universal

This worked for xercesc.

So I proceeded to run with the command:

	sudo port install xalanc +universal

It failed with the log messages:

:info:configure I do not recognize the bitsToBuild 'le-dependency-tracking'. Please type './runConfigure -h' for help.
:info:configure Command failed:  cd "/opt/local/var/macports/build/_opt_local_var_macports_sources_rsync.macports.org_release_tarballs_ports_textproc_xalanc/xalanc/work/xml-xalan/c" && ./runConfigure -C --prefix=/opt/local -c /usr/bin/clang -x /usr/bin/clang++ -p macosx --disable-dependency-tracking
:info:configure Exit code: 1
:error:configure org.macports.configure for port xalanc returned: configure failure: command execution failed
:debug:configure Error code: NONE
:debug:configure Backtrace: configure failure: command execution failed
    while executing
"$procedure $targetname"
:info:configure Warning: targets not executed for xalanc: org.macports.activate org.macports.configure org.macports.build org.macports.destroot org.macports.install

Now what? Is this a new bug in the system?

	David

David Barto
dbarto at visionpro.com