Where are GUI apps for ports installed?

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri May 10 20:04:31 PDT 2013

On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 10:39 PM, Jerry <lanceboyle at qwest.net> wrote:

> I have the Spyder port installed and there is a binary for it but it does
> not install in this location but rather apparently in
>

> /opt/local/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/Resources/Python.app/Contents/MacOS/Python

This is not actually spyder, but the GUI launcher for python. You would not
normally run this directly; that's hinted at by the fact that the
executable is under Frameworks/Python.framework (a framework is a library
with some extensions for native GUI applications --- it is not itself an
application, although it may contain helper applications).