Why does Virtualbox need Universal binaries?

Eric A. Borisch eborisch at macports.org
Thu May 16 08:30:08 PDT 2013

On Thu, May 16, 2013 at 5:50 AM, John Ruschmeyer <jruschme at gmail.com> wrote:

> Second on the "buildbot + universal" suggestion.
>
> That was my big disappointment with building Virtualbox- now almost every
> package has going to have to be built from source, rather than installed
> from binary from now on.
>
> --
> Eric A. Borisch

I'm a fan of using MacPorts for many things as much as the next guy, but
why not just use the official builds of VirtualBox? (I went down the same
path a while back, and when I saw MP start to rebuild all the deps
+universal I aborted and said "I can download one thing from Oracle and
live with myself.")

 - Eric