Start X11 automatically when launching programs from Terminal

Lawrence Velázquez larryv at macports.org
Thu May 16 19:55:23 PDT 2013

On May 16, 2013, at 10:11 PM, Leo Singer <aronnax at macports.org> wrote:

> Could you add a startupitem so that you can load/unload X11 with 'port (un)load) xinit'?

Jeremy's the authority, of course, but I'm not sure how this would work. There are two launchd items involved with xinit:

    - /Library/LaunchDaemons/org.macports.privileged_startx.plist
    - /Library/LaunchAgents/org.macports.startx.plist

Which one would "port load" affect? Only one of these is a daemon, but it's probably not the one you're thinking of flipping the switch for.

vq