dyld: DYLD_ environment variables being ignored because main executable (/usr/bin/sudo) is setuid or setgid

Clemens Lang cal at macports.org
Fri May 17 07:58:25 PDT 2013

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 09:33:08AM -0500, Rodolfo Aramayo wrote:
> The problem is I cannot find anywhere where that variable has been
> defined and it is certainly not present in my '.bashrc' or related
> files

But it is present, as you can check using env | grep DYLD. We cannot
read your shell and environment startup files for you – you need to find
it on your own.

> Some people think this is an Apple bug?

Those people are wrong, it certainly isn't, and that the loader filters
those environment variables on setuid and setgid binaries is a good
thing (because it would otherweise open up a huge security hole).

> But why then is the second admin account impervious to it?

Because its startup files do not set the variable.

--
Clemens Lang