dyld: DYLD_ environment variables being ignored because main executable (/usr/bin/sudo) is setuid or setgid

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri May 17 13:34:26 PDT 2013

On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 3:39 PM, Rodolfo Aramayo <raramayo at gmail.com> wrote:

> You say
> "dyld removes those variables from its environment "
>
> what is dyld? A program? Please forgive my ignorance

It is the stub compiled into every program (yes, *every* program) that
loads its dylibs. "man dyld"

> and why when "export
> LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/bioinfosoft/genometools/lib"
> is sourced from a file located outside the 'admin' directory  is a problem
> whereas if it is sourced from one of the .bash* files is not?

Because the former are not run automatically, while .bashrc is loaded by
every interactive shell and .bash_profile is loaded by every login shell
(roughly, the first shell run when you open a terminal).