Mac OS X 10.6.8 (Xcode 2.3.6) problem with python27 upgrade

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Mon May 20 19:15:14 PDT 2013

Note that python27 was updated to 2.7.5 yesterday; you should "sudo port selfupdate" to receive this and other updates, then re-try upgrading python27. No universal packages for python27 @2.7.5 are available yet, so you'll be building it from source instead of using a pre-built package as you were with @2.7.3_1.

> --->  Installing python27 @2.7.3_1+universal
> Error: org.macports.install for port python27 returned: @name python27-2.7.3_1+universal
> @portname python27
> @portepoch 2
> @portversion 2.7.3
> @portrevision 1
> @archs i386 x86_64
> @portvariant +universal

[snip]

This looks like the contents of the "+CONTENTS" file in the binary package. I don't know why MacPorts would decide to display that to you. But I also haven't used our precompiled binaries so I'm not familiar with exactly how they work or what the behavior is when things go wrong.