Problems installing ffmpeg 1.2.1

John King johnk at media.berkeley.edu
Thu May 23 16:11:42 PDT 2013

Having a problem getting the 1.2.1 version installed.  When I search for
ffmpeg in available ports, the result I see is ffmpeg 1.2.1 and the
associated Portfile also lists 1.2.1 as the version.

However, when I run "sudo port install ffmpeg +nonfree", I get version
1.1.2 installed.

If I then uninstall 1.1.2 and run ffmpeg @1.2.1+nonfree I still get the
1.1.2 version installed.

Is there some other syntax or procedure to force the installation of
1.2.1 rather than 1.1.2?  Maybe download the Portfile and run it locally?

I need the 1.2.1 version to use some specific encoding command line
parameters.

--
John King
Applications Programmer