Trouble using ssh-agent from macports

Mattias Lindgren mlindgren at gmail.com
Fri May 31 17:04:31 PDT 2013

I did as you recommend, but am still running into problems:

mbp:~ mlindgren$ ssh-add
Enter passphrase for /Users/mlindgren/.ssh/id_rsa:
Identity added: /Users/mlindgren/.ssh/id_rsa (/Users/mlindgren/.ssh/id_rsa)
Enter passphrase for /Users/mlindgren/.ssh/id_ecdsa:
SSH_AGENT_FAILURE
Could not add identity: /Users/mlindgren/.ssh/id_ecdsa
mbp:~ mlindgren$ ps -ax | grep ssh-agent
  449 ??         0:00.05 /usr/bin/ssh-agent -l

Looks like it is still running the native ssh-agent.

Thanks,

Mattias