Setting up a new Mavericks machine

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Fri Nov 1 11:31:35 PDT 2013

On Nov 1, 2013, at 13:26, Stan Sanderson wrote:

> On Nov 1, 2013, at 1:12 PM, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
>>
>> The only way to install the command line tools on Mavericks is to run “xcode-select --install” or download the standalone installer from Apple Developer Connection. The Xcode application cannot do this for you
>
> Would you clarify? If I have downloaded and installed the latest CLT from the ADC, running “xcode-select --install” fails with a message that updates are not available from the App Store. Is this normal behavior? (Xcode for Mavericks was installed the same way.)

Mavericks is new; I don’t know what constitutes normal for it yet. I have also already installed the command line tools, using “xcode-select --install”. I just tried running “xcode-select --install” again and it said “Can’t install the software because it is not currently available from the Software Update server.” I don’t know if that should be read as “you already have the latest version installed” or “there is an error on our server, try again later”.