How apply Kitware patch to VTK5 Port (Mavericks)

Brickle Macho bricklemacho at gmail.com
Sat Nov 2 17:12:43 PDT 2013

On 3/11/2013 1:49 am, Ryan Schmidt wrote:
> On Nov 2, 2013, at 05:52, Michael Borck wrote:
>
>> Or I am patient it will eventually make it way into Macports?
> It was committed to MacPorts 3 hours ago :) Run “sudo port selfupdate” to receive the fix.

Thanks for the info, the development team is doing a good job working
through the Macport-Mavericks issues.

I am still having problems.  Tried the following.

sudo port clean vtk5
sudo port selfupdate
sudo port install vtk5 +python27 +qt4_mac

In case it was a variant issue I also tried:

sudo port clean vtk5
sudo port selfupdate
sudo port install vtk5

Best I can make of the install log is it falls over when trying building
vtkexpat.      In case it a problem with my rig I will download the
latest VTK5 source from kitware and see if it compiles.

Just need VTK5 and Pandoc (ghc dependency) and all will be good in
Maverick/Macport world.