changing default perl

Mark Anderson emer at emer.net
Sun Nov 3 14:12:45 PST 2013

I'm all for doing what we need to do. I use a lot of perl, and I have
always tried to install the latest or close to latest. Back before we had
the perl5 port I had a perl script that read every port file and
essentially did this: s/perl5.8/perl5.12/ - so I'm a big fan of having the
latest available.

I'm also willing to help with whatever we need to fix. Sometimes, I think
I'm the last Perl fan around, as everyone ditches me for Python, which to
be fair, I also use.

—Mark
Mark E. Anderson <emer at emer.net>