changing default perl

Jeremy Lavergne jeremy at lavergne.gotdns.org
Mon Nov 11 07:36:22 PST 2013

If a given CPAN module doesn't work then we could create a real Portfile
for it versus interfacing with CPAN. By default, I would assume, the
majority of modules should work. Tongue-in-cheek, I'd additionally say
tickets would be made for modules that don't "just work".

I'm not sure we should be in the business of making sure every single CPAN
module can work. Aren't there more CPAN modules than MacPorts packages
(127 205 modules versus 17 823 ports). And now notice how many perls we
provide.

Otherwise, we continue to lack a user's desired modules and they will just
install through CPAN and collide with MacPorts.