Scribus

Stan Sanderson stansand at gmail.com
Mon Nov 11 13:06:48 PST 2013

I have installed Scribus and the application itself works as expected. However, Scribus has built-in python scripting. Two scripts, a calendar wizard and a script to provide font samples, simply hang if invoked. Another script providing color samples and information, appears to run as expected.

As far as I know, the python pieces are in place, also installed through MacPorts. I have tried the same version of Scribus on my iMac using Win XP Pro (using Boot Camp), and the scripts work correctly.

I know nothing about python scripting, such as setting breakpoints or turning on logging.

Question: has anyone been successful in running these Scribus scripts?

Thanks,

Stan