having trouble syncing via svn behind corporate firewall

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Thu Nov 14 16:57:23 PST 2013

On Nov 14, 2013, at 18:52, Richard Cobbe wrote:

> By the way, what does that imply for the ownership of the local work copy?
> At this point, the entire tree is owned by root:admin.  Should it be owned
> by macports instead?

I don’t think it has any bearing on working copy ownership. If I understood correctly, it was recently explained to me that the working copy can be owned by whoever you want. For example, it can be owned by your normal user account, and then you don’t even need to “sudo” when you “port sync”. That’s what I’m doing now and it seems to be fine.