Links - Graphics not enabled when compiling

Brandon Allbery allbery.b at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 11:12:32 PST 2013

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 2:01 PM, Jeff Friedman <friedmanjeff1 at gmail.com>wrote:

> I tried to install the Links browser, with the intention of using it with
> graphics enabled, but it didn't work.  I have the following Ports installed
> - http://pastebin.com/1zn3pYRy
>
> I also wanted to try and get it working with the mouse but I see that
> libgpm isn't available on Macports.

libgpm is only useful with the console on Linux and FreeBSD. You don't get
that kind of console on OS X, and libgpm does nothing at all to interface
with xterm mouse mode, which is what you want to enable. (However I don't
know what terminal emulators on OS X [other than xterm from XQuartz]
support it.)

In fact, it looks like graphics and mouse will only work if you run it in
an X11 terminal emulator such as xterm, and you need to install the +x11
variant to get that.