problem upgrading py27-numpy

Ryan Schmidt ryandesign at macports.org
Sat Nov 23 13:24:14 PST 2013

On Nov 23, 2013, at 14:01, Comer Duncan wrote:

> It then first worked on py27-numpy.  After a little while the job aborted.  I have attached the log file. It seems that py27-numpy does not exist. This occurs near the beginning of the log file.  Is there a known problem with the existence of the needed file? Here is the piece of the log file which seems relevant:
>

> :info:archivefetch --->  py27-numpy-1.8.0_2.darwin_13.x86_64.tbz2 doesn't seem to exist in /opt/local/var/macports/incoming/verified
>
> :msg:archivefetch --->  Attempting to fetch py27-numpy-1.8.0_2.darwin_13.x86_64.tbz2 from http://packages.macports.org/py27-numpy
>
> :debug:archivefetch Fetching archive failed:: The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
>
> :msg:archivefetch --->  Attempting to fetch py27-numpy-1.8.0_2.darwin_13.x86_64.tbz2 from http://mse.uk.packages.macports.org/sites/packages.macports.org/py27-numpy
>
> :debug:archivefetch Fetching archive failed:: The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
>
> :msg:archivefetch --->  Attempting to fetch py27-numpy-1.8.0_2.darwin_13.x86_64.tbz2 from http://lil.fr.packages.macports.org/py27-numpy
>

> :debug:archivefetch Fetching archive failed:: The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found

It’s not a problem if a binary package doesn’t exist. The Mavericks buildbot was only just set up a few days ago; it will take several more days before it has finished building all ports.

In the absence of a binary package, you build from source, and that’s failing for you with a variety of errors. The one that caught my eye was:

:info:build _configtest.c:7:12: error: use of undeclared identifier 'Py_UNICODE_WIDE'; did you mean 'Py_UNICODE'?
:info:build     (void) Py_UNICODE_WIDE;
:info:build            ^

Have you perhaps installed python27 with the +ucs4 variant? If so, that could be the problem; try reinstalling python27 without that variant.