Launching Weechat

Christopher Jones jonesc at hep.phy.cam.ac.uk
Sat Nov 30 05:32:46 PST 2013

Hi,

Are you really seeing no messages, or perhaps

MacBookPro ~ > weechat
-bash: weechat: command not found

( please always post *exactly* what you get, not a description of it ;) )

weechat does not provide an application called ‘wee chat’

MacBookPro ~ > sudo port contents weechat
Port weechat contains:
  /opt/local/bin/weechat-curses
  /opt/local/include/weechat/weechat-plugin.h
  /opt/local/lib/pkgconfig/weechat.pc
  /opt/local/lib/weechat/plugins/alias.so
  /opt/local/lib/weechat/plugins/charset.so
<snip>

so try weechat-curses

Chris