macports instal pkg - alert msg

ugajin at talktalk.net ugajin at talktalk.net
Thu Oct 10 17:49:59 PDT 2013

On running the MacPorts 2.2.0 for Mac OSX installer (I am running OSX v10.6.8) I get an alert msg which reads; Xcode is not installed, or was installed without UNIX Development

I have been alerted, but the msg isn't clear, which is alarming. Do I need to do something before continuing to instal Macports?

X11 is installed - I am assuming Xcode means X11 and not Xcode.app - In point of fact I have two versions of X11 installed, XQuartz 2.7.4 (xorg-server 1.13.0) and XQuartz 2.3.6 (xorg-server 1.4.2-apple56). I hope this helps.

Many thanks in anticipation .

-A