Fwd: macports instal pkg - alert msg

ugajin at talktalk.net ugajin at talktalk.net
Fri Oct 11 03:22:57 PDT 2013

 I have completed first 'successful' MacPorts instal, but something seems not to be quite right.

What have I done, and how do I put it right?

Following the MacPorts guide, I ran (and I am not sure I needed to do this); sudo port pkg mypaint

In opt/local/var/macports/build/ _opt_local_var_macports. . . /MyPaint/work/ I have (excluding hidden files) two pkg files, MyPaint-1.1.0_1.pkg and MyPaint-1.1.0_1-component.pkg together with a folder named destroot

I ran both installers (should I have done this?). Both installed to the same destination and were reported as successful.

MyPaint-1.1.0_1.pkg runs the MacPorts MyPaint installer and MyPaint-1.1.0_1-component.pkg runs the default apple installer

The folder destroot has two sub-folders;
destroot/Applications/MacPorts/MyPaint.app
destroot/opt/local/bin/
destroot/opt/local/include/
destroot/opt/local/bin/lib/
destroot/opt/local/bin/share/

I seem to have a duplicate tree structure within destroot. Is this as it should be? I now have;
HD/opt/local/var/macports/build/ _opt_local_var_macports. . . /MyPaint/work/destroot/opt/ . . (see above)
and;
HD/opt/local/var/macports/build/ _opt_local_var_macports. . . /MyPaint/work/destroot/Applications/MacPorts/MyPaint.app

A further MyPaint.app is located. HD/Applications/MacPorts/MyPaint.pp

Previously, I had installed an earlier release of MyPaint using a pkg installer and this located the directories (bin, include, lib, & share) listed above in destroot/ directly in HD/opt/ directory.

Many thanks, again.

-A