are macports servers down ? ? ?

Arturo Rinaldi arty.net2 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 19 11:09:19 PDT 2013

Hi folks,

I'm experiencing some issues with Macports. I can't even update the
ports with the "selfupdate" command. I get this error from the shell

/--->  Updating MacPorts base sources using rsync//
//Error: Error synchronizing MacPorts sources: command execution failed//
//Please run `port -v selfupdate' for details.//
//Error: /opt/local/bin/port: port selfupdate failed: Error
synchronizing MacPorts sources: command execution failed/

.....are macports servers down or too much overloaded to handle the data
traffic ?

Regards, Arturo