Port won't install on 10.9

William H. Magill magill at mac.com
Wed Oct 23 05:10:37 PDT 2013

On Oct 22, 2013, at 8:05 PM, Brandon Allbery <allbery.b at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 22, 2013 at 7:15 PM, Ryan Schmidt <ryandesign at macports.org> wrote:
> On Oct 22, 2013, at 14:02, Gary Little wrote:
> > Installing from the svn trunk worked for me as well. I do also note that you have to manually install the command line tools using "xcode-select —install”.
>
> It's good to know that the command line tools can be installed using "xcode-select —install", but did the instructions in our guide for doing so using the Xcode application's preferences window not work?
>
> It's been reported that Apple removed that; they're auto-installed if you run clang, or manually installed with "xcode-select --install". I just updated the ProblemHotList on the wiki to reflect this and some other 10.9/Xcode 5-isms.

This is an interesting one... I don't know if this is what has been "reported" or ???
with Xcode 5.0.1 already installed,
"sudo xcode-select —install

generates at pop-up:

Which if you click "Install" generates the EULA, and then ultimately:

If you select "Get Xcode" it opens the app store which reports it is already installed.

T.T.F.N.
William H. Magill
# iMac11,3 Core i7 [2.93GHz - 8 GB 1067MHz] OS X 10.9
# MacBook Pro4.1 Core 2 Duo [2.5GHz - 4GB 667] OS X 10.6.8
# Macmini6,1 Intel Core i5 [2.5 Ghz - 4GB 1600MHz] OS X 10.8.3

magill at icloud.com
magill at mac.com
whmagill at gmail.com