dvdrip confusion

bunk3m bunk3m at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 12:09:30 PDT 2013

Hi.

I installed dvdrip a few moments ago and am trying to get it to do
anything.  I understand that it is a perl front end to transcode but was
hoping there was something close to the dvd::rip outlined on the web.

dvd::rip is a gui, so I thought I'd find it in /Applications/MacPorts/
but no luck.

Then I thought I'd follow the linux cli documentation and that might
make it work.

$ dvdrip
-bash: dvdrip: command not found

OK, I'm stumped.  I've searched for documentation but I'm too dense to
figure out how to get it to work.

What's the secret?  Or how do I get this to work?

Thanks in advance for leading me by the hand ....

PS. On digest mode.  Please cc me directly.